Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pretty Slick

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

the lesson 5/08

Pretty slick this modern technology ... On the urging of my wife, who was out for a girls night out with some out of town friends, around 9:00 Saturday night I started a book. Sunday morning I finished it and placed the order. Today at 1:00, 76 hours later, my book and its free friend arrived. Nicely bound and professionally done, and, I might add, what youd probably consider a reasonable price for the effort. A friend/client of mine started the site a few years ago. Its called mypublisher.com . If youve got a high speed connection, (youll need it for uploading) you can download the software (11mb) and have at it. Its surprisingly straightforward and theres a how to video if you need it. Theyve got a 2 for 1 deal on your first book and Ive received other promotional incentives since I ordered. VERY professional. The formats are somewhat limited, but hey! Im no book designer and Im happy to have the creative box to keep me from wandering off into a project I would never finish if I had, like, total creative control. Anyway, if youve ever dreamed of seeing your stuff in print but couldnt bribe the right person to get it there, try this .... its pretty slick. I have seen other books done on a Mac site and I hear theyre also good and about the same price, but this one sticks to that favorite maxim of mine: KISS, keep it simple stupid .... Click the pictures to enlarge them.

To see an online version of my book of drawings heres a link to it ...
Below are some compressed versions of a couple of the scanned drawings I uploaded ...
(Actually, if you do decide to try this, email me, (dan@com) and Ill send you a link, and, if you use it, I get $20. off my next book..... thanks ...)

the dining room

farmhouse window

corner store

magic carpet

the actual book .... looks real ! ... it is !

another page

products and pricing ... big coffee table books, regular books, paperbacks,calendars ...
check it out ....

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment